Wednesday, November 17, 2010

2010 11 17 - The e-Centre

Yesterday, I introduced you to some nuances regarding the Ruble - today we will look at spending them.

The e-Centre is the Mall located at our Metro Station (Kievskaya). Similar to the MacDonalds post earlier this week - I am no expert at what goes on in an American Mall, thus I am not really qualified to tell you what is happening in a Russian Mall.

I think I can say with some degree of confidence that the e-Centre is an upscale European mall - there are some familiar stores or more correctly brands - bunches of stores that girls may know - Benneton, Probably Prada, The ones I remember were Timberland, and the athletic gear stores - Puma Adidas and Reebok - Nike is here but not nearly as ubiquitous as in the states. Adidas is probably the most dominant of those brands here - note from my Sneaker Warehousing days - ADIDAS is an acronym for "All Day I Dream About..........Sneakers".

Among the many restaurants is a Fridays and they have a Burger King in the food court.

Victoria's Secret has not made it to Moscow yet, but there may be a reason - there are more lingerie stores in the mall then one could count.

The e-Center is extremely large 5 floors and probably rivals the KoP mall for square footage. There is this rather cool clock that is the centerpiece of the restaurant which is on the ground floor of the e-center.


E-Center Clock

click to enlarge - can you tell what time it is?

Rubles
The current exchange rate is 30.80 Rubles/Dollar

No comments: